Monthly review - April 2017
- Gift certificate: option 1 or option 2 or option 3
- Updated the Press kit
- Tag line : Experience life on a limb / Where childhood dreams come true / Dream nested high in the canopy
We have been approached by blogger Misha Gillingham from Wildluxe travel blog. She is offering an exchange: 3 nights for a video and photo feature on her blog and social medias. She is coming to NZ Nov 17 - Dec 1, 2017. Her Media kit. I have contacted hotels & Lodges that have worked with her, here are their answers:
Dear Benedicte, Thank you for your enquiry.
We enjoyed hosting Misha – she produced beautiful social media content when she stayed with us and she promoted one of our quieter lodges where we needed some extra support. I wouldn’t say that the content went far and wide and it’s hard to tell about direct bookings from a social media influencer stay – but it was worth the three nights that we gave for the particular purpose that we needed. Hope that helps. Best wishes, Janalyn from Singita.
Hi Benedicte, Hillary from WildWeb here.
WildWeb is a web development and digital marketing company based in Durban, South Africa with a collection of quality clients in the travel and tourism industry. I’m getting in touch with you because I helped arrange Misha from Wildluxe to stay at Tongabezi Lodge.
I can highly recommend Misha to visit your property. She was very professional to work with and went above and beyond the influencer partnership agreement. She shared over 10 instagram posts which totalled over 54,478 likes, 944 comments, and 12,851 video views. She created a detailed blog post with a nice video to accompany it and shared this on Instagram and Facebook as well.
Her work directed over 55 visits to the Tongabezi website with a low bounce rate of about 35%. We can see that 1 enquiry resulted from her stay but no confirmed bookings as of yet. Keep in mind that these partnerships are part of a long term strategy and play an important brand awareness job. A big part of it is capturing potential travellers’ attention during the “inspiration phase” and I can most definitely say her work achieved this. Warmest Regards, Hillary from WildWeb.
Misha is exceptional! One of the best we have had :). She will help your digital greatly. Good luck. James McBride from Nihiwatu
We have created a profile on kidandcoe.com a kid friendly vacation destinations. We still need to enter a few details to be able to get live.
I use an online platform called Hootsuite to manage all the different Social Media accounts.
Hootsuite: email@example.com / H@pukuL%dge
- 1864 total followers / + 3% followers
- 23 posts / 1 five-star review / Most liked
- 843 total followers / + 13% followers
- 25 posts / Most liked
- 323 total followers / + 2% followers
- 17 tweets or retweets / Most liked
- 297 reviews / + 1% reviews
- 3 five-star reviews / Total: 4.5 stars
27 total followers / +0% followers
0 total followers / +0% followers
6 total followers
I am using an online application called Bit.ly. I can track the clicks coming posts from the social medias. This month I was able to track the clicks to the link I posted to the the blog post.
Bitly: benedictelassalle / H@pukuL%dge71
Search Engine Optimization
I looked for an online application to help us with the SEO: I found SE Ranking. $50 per year. I am considering using this tool.
List of keywords
- Tree house
- South Island
- New Zealand
Actions for next month
- Agencies private page
- Reservation system stats, etc
- Build Agencies database (Unique Stays? + Contacts from Chris)
- Mailchimp: Send first newsletter to agencies
- Opening new account: Investigate potential chinese social medias
- Road access and Kaikoura update
- Mother's day (May 14)
- Whiskey tasting
- Stories from the farm
- Wedding/Events PDFs
Search Engine Optimization
- Improve our SEO is my main goal for next month
Look at what competition is doing
We have been contacted by Wandering Wychop blogger. Will investigate his offer.
- Investigate if Booking Button has metrics
- Investigate how to measure conversions
- Investigate Online Booking metrics
- We should be working towards getting more press coverage since it brings us so much traffic. Thoughts?
We haven't have any online press coverage this month which has been echoed in the web stats: They are lower than last month.