As I am sure you all know Kaikoura was hit by a severe earthquake on the 14th November 2016. Our buildings are designed to a high specification and suffered no structural damage – New Zealand’s building codes are among the world’s best. At this stage we continue to be on track to reopen on the 1st December 2016.
Road access to Kaikoura is severely impacted with the inland road route yet to open at the time of writing this release. We understand from authorities that subject to any future disruption this should be open in the next few days.
Alternative Transfer Options
Thanks to many of our good friends and partners we have put together special rates for transfers between various locations. Transfers by Helicopter will be direct to the lodge & complimentary transfers will be provided for those flying by fixed wing from the Kaikoura Airport to Hapuku. Complimentary transfers will be provided during the clients stay at Hapuku.
The participating companies are:
- South Pacific Helicopters – Ph +64 3 3195548 email@example.com - Base - Kaikoura
- Kaikoura Helicopters – Ph +64 3 3196609 firstname.lastname@example.org - Base - Kaikoura
- Reid Helicopters – Ph +64 3 541 9530 email@example.com Base - Nelson
- WindHawk Helicopters – Ph +64 3 572 9132 firstname.lastname@example.org Base - Blenheim
- Christchurch Helicopters – Ph +64 3 359 0470 email@example.com Base - Christchurch
- Over the Top – Ph +64 3 442 2233 firstname.lastname@example.org Base - Queenstown
- Sounds Air Blenheim & Christchurch – charter & multiple return flights per day Ph +64 3 520 3080 email@example.com Base - Blenheim
- Wings Over Whales – Kaikoura – charter Ph +64 3 319 6580 firstname.lastname@example.org