Kaikoura was hit by a severe earthquake on the 14th November 2016. Our buildings are designed to a high specification and suffered no structural damage – New Zealand’s building codes are among the world’s best.
We are delighted to announce that we have reopened and look to welcome guests in the next few days.
We have been so heartened by the support of our guests who planned to stay, the travel industry partners, our friends and supporters. We are also inspired by the fortitude of the Kaikoura township our local townspeople and those support services who have and continue to put in many hours of support.
Road access to Kaikoura continues to be impacted with the inland road route now open for scheduled journeys. Please refer to the NZ Transport Authority website for further details.
There is also very positive news that the main state highway south of Kaikoura (SH1) is likely to be opened before the 20th December.
Alternative Transfer Options - UPDATE
Thanks to many of our good friends and partners we have put together special rates for transfers between various locations. We are pleased to add road transfer options now to this offering.
- Transfers by Helicopter will be direct to the Lodge
- Transfers by Fixed Wing will be to the Kaikoura airport & Hapuku Lodge will provide complimentary transfers between Kaikoura Airport and also between the Lodge and township during the clients stay.
- Transfer available either one way or return from Christchurch or Blenheim.
The participating companies are:
- South Pacific Helicopters – Ph +64 3 3195548 email@example.com - Base - Kaikoura
- Kaikoura Helicopters – Ph +64 3 3196609 firstname.lastname@example.org - Base - Kaikoura
- Reid Helicopters – Ph +64 3 541 9530 email@example.com Base - Nelson
- WindHawk Helicopters – Ph +64 3 572 9132 firstname.lastname@example.org Base - Blenheim
- Christchurch Helicopters – Ph +64 3 359 0470 email@example.com Base - Christchurch
- Over the Top – Ph +64 3 442 2233 firstname.lastname@example.org Base - Queenstown
- Sounds Air Blenheim & Christchurch – charter & multiple return flights per day Ph +64 3 520 3080 email@example.com Base - Blenheim
- Wings Over Whales – Kaikoura – charter Ph +64 3 319 6580 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Canterbury Trails – Christchurch – charter Ph +64 3 384 6148 email@example.com
- Marlborough Tour Company – Blenheim Ph +64 3 577 9997 firstname.lastname@example.org
Hapuku Lodge will provide complimentary transfers during the clients stay.