Working with us
We are seeking a talented and enthusiastic Assistant Manager to work as part of the Hapuku team to deliver an exceptional experience to our guests through the delivery of world-class service. This is a permanent, full-time role.
Our vision is to provide a world-class experience in accommodation, food and the overall environment, aiming for the highest standards in all aspects of the guest's stay. At the heart of the Hapuku Lodge experience is a passion for good food and wine. We operate a genuine farm-to-table, ocean-to-plate philosophy. Produce is sourced from the Lodge's own herb and vegetable gardens, free-range chickens and olive grove, as well as local market gardens.
To be part of a great team the successful candidate will be a dedicated, passionate tourism & hospitality champion, who thrives in an energetic and vibrant environment where the guests experience is paramount.
The candidate must have:
- Extensive previous experience working in a similar luxury lodge, quality hotel or tourism and hospitality environment at a management level
- The ability to lead and train a team in the delivery of an exceptional guest experience
- A passion for good food and wine
- Excellent written and verbal English skills
- The ability to run the lodge in the absence of the managers
- A flexible and mature approach to guest service and problem solving
- Administration, reservations and financial management experience
- Event management capabilities
This is an excellent opportunity for a tourism professional looking to take the next step into management of a luxury property.