Working with us
Chef de Partie
Do you aspire to work in one of the most beautiful places in the world, delivering exceptional food experiences to guests at our luxury eco-lodge?
Hapuku Lodge + Tree Houses, Kaikoura is looking for a Chef de Partie to join our existing team. This is an immediate start with potential of being a permanent position.
Our vision is to provide a world-class experience both in accommodation and food, aiming for the highest standards in all aspects of our guests' stay. At the heart of the Hapuku Lodge experience is a passion for good food and wine. Produce is sourced from the Lodge's own herb and vegetable gardens, eggs from our free-range chickens and oil from our olive grove. We also source quality produce from local farmers as well as crayfish (lobster) and seafood from the Kaikoura coast, and forage for wild herbs and fruit. The lodge shares the land with a deer stud and vineyard which produces wine for the restaurant. The world-class surf break of Mangamaunu Bay is only a kilometre away.
We are looking for applicants that are:
• passionate about great food and delivering exceptional quality
• personable, genuine and interested in our guests (we run an open kitchen with guests often sitting at the pass)
• able to cope with working long hours from time-to-time, during our busiest periods (in particular Christmas/New Year)
• flexible and able to quickly pick up new techniques or execute new recipes (our menu changes every day)
• team players and work with the rest of the crew until the job is complete.
The role will be across both evening and morning shifts which vary in length across a 5 day rostered week that will include weekends. As part of a small team, flexibility in rostered shifts is essential.
Applicants for these positions should be NZ citizens, have NZ residency or a valid NZ work permit, as well as transport to and from the lodge (12 kms out of the Kaikoura township).