Working with us
Chef de Partie
Are you thinking of a working holiday in New Zealand in our Summer 2018/19?
We will be looking for experienced Chefs who care about Farm to table & Ocean to plate experiences, Front of House champions and behind the scenes stars for housekeeping and Kitchen.
Hapuku Lodge + Tree Houses, Kaikoura is looking for a Chef de Partie to join our existing team. This is an immediate start with potential of being a permanent position.
Our vision is to provide a world-class experience both in accommodation and food, aiming for the highest standards in all aspects of our guests' stay. At the heart of the Hapuku Lodge experience is a passion for good food and wine. Produce is sourced from the Lodge's own herb and vegetable gardens, eggs from our free-range chickens and oil from our olive grove. We also source quality produce from local farmers as well as crayfish (lobster) and seafood from the Kaikoura coast, and forage for wild herbs and fruit. The lodge shares the land with a deer stud and vineyard which produces wine for the restaurant. The world-class surf break of Mangamaunu Bay is only a kilometre away.
We are looking for applicants that are:
• passionate about great food and delivering exceptional quality
• personable, genuine and interested in our guests (we run an open kitchen with guests often sitting at the pass)
• able to cope with working long hours from time-to-time, during our busiest periods (in particular Christmas/New Year)
• flexible and able to quickly pick up new techniques or execute new recipes (our menu changes every day)
• team players and work with the rest of the crew until the job is complete.
The role will be across both evening and morning shifts which vary in length across a 5 day rostered week that will include weekends. As part of a small team, flexibility in rostered shifts is essential. Please contact us to talk further about working at Hapuku Lodge from October 2018 onwards.
Applicants for these positions should be NZ citizens, have NZ residency or a valid NZ work permit, as well as transport to and from the lodge (12 kms out of the Kaikoura township).