Monthly Review - August 2017
- Updated the Careers page
- Hollywood Reporter: Better than Burning Man: Hollywood's new glam getaways include yurts, three houses and domes.
- Lifestyle: The world's most stunning tree house hotels
- Travel+Leisure: The Best Places to Spend Christmas
- Travel+Leisure: Romantic Christmas Getaways
Tourism NZ media coverage: These articles are the ones Tourism NZ have paid for directly:
Login: email@example.com / PW Ka1k0ura
- 29 opt-in subscriptions to the newsletter on MailChimp - + 7 subscriptions
MailChimp: firstname.lastname@example.org /
Hotel Costes in Paris: Their photos!
Acre: the press page
We have been approached by blogger Alexandra Kryaneva. She has good stats on social media and blog.
Follow up questions: previous partnerships with hotels? trade possibilities?
A profile on kidandcoe.com a kid friendly vacation destinations has been created. I am talking to the Communication Director to get some Social Media exposure by end of Sept. (they have 44.5k Instagram followers).
Get stats from them
Hope you are well. By way of introduction I am the Marketing Manager for the Premium Sector here at Tourism New Zealand. Lovely to e-meet you also.
I thought best to give you a quick run through a how we approach MarComms here for the Premium sector and what we can offer in terms of you utilising our owned channels.
To give you an idea of the MarComms plans for the premium sector we roll out two Global Social Conversion campaigns in a year. We just launched one on Aug 14th which will run until Oct 21st in the US, UK, Germany, Singapore, Hong Kong and Australia. The objective is to use precise targeting and re-targeting Facebook measures to pull our consumer through from “dreaming’ about a NZ luxury experience to ‘planning’ and then finally ‘booking’, with our creative designed around each section.
We also run major content campaigns in the US and Australia in Feb/March 2018, through both print and digital channels. In creating this content, we can always consider the Hapuku Lodge as a location (we have just kicked off our search for a premium influencer, post this we will look at content creation).
We do have a social media manager who looks after all the 100% Pure New Zealand accounts and all the content, as you can imagine, is strictly controlled in terms of what goes out on the page.
I would encourage you to make sure that all your listing details are up to date on www.newzealand.com I ran a report and can confirm in the past 12 months there have been 359 referrals onto the Hapuku Lodge and Tree Houses listing off newzealand.com – so it is effective in driving target market consumers to your property. You can also list “deals” on this page and I have attached the instructions for you to do so in case this was of interest.
I do hope this has shed some light on our activities. Please do let me know if you have any further questions – happy to answer.
Kind regards - Caroline
I use an online platform called Hootsuite to manage all the different Social Media accounts.
Hootsuite: email@example.com / H@pukuL%dge
- 1973 total followers / + 1% followers
- 22 posts / 0 review / 5 stars / Most liked
- 1249 total followers / + 10% followers
- 26 posts / Most liked
- 390 total followers / + 11% followers
- 26 tweets or retweets / Most liked
- 302 reviews
- 0 five-star reviews / Total: 4.5 stars
30 total followers / +11% followers
0 total followers / +0% followers
6 total followers
13 reviews - 4.8 stars
I am using an online application called Bit.ly. I can track the clicks coming posts from the social medias. This month I was able to track the clicks to the link I posted to the the blog post.
Bitly: benedictelassalle / H@pukuL%dge71
Search Engine Optimization
- Google My Business : confirmed business with Google. We are now able to control the pictures, opening times, etc that appear on google when you do a search
- Google Search Console: subscription to the free service to improve the google search
We should consider to do some google and Facebook ads.
Customer satisfaction survey
Created a questionnaire on Elegant Survey.
Actions for next month
- Agencies private page
- List “deals” on Hapuku Web page
- Build Agencies database (Unique Stays? + Contacts from Chris)
- Mailchimp: Send first newsletter to agencies
- Opening new account: Investigate potential chinese social medias
- Install Facebook pixel
- Get media approved
- Post one news a month
- Get validation for all marketing materials
Search Engine Optimization
- Improve our SEO
- Google Ads
Look at what competition is doing
- Investigate how to measure conversions
- We should be working towards getting more press coverage since it brings us so much traffic. Thoughts?
Bookings on hapukulodge.com
First metrics are comparing to the same period last year. We are still behind by more than -20% sessions.
The second metrics are comping to the same period last month. It show that we are up by +4% sessions.