Monthly Review - March 2017
- Newsletter subscription on all pages: please subscribe too! Received 5 subscribers so far without advertising for it. We have 900 subscribers from previous campaigns.
- Winter Packages
- The old link from the old web site www.hapukulodge.com/kaikoura still exists on the web. So I have created this link and it now points to the homepage and not to an error page.
- National Geographic: 9 Tree Houses You Can Actually Sleep In
- AFAR/Swain Destinations: Hapuku Lodge and Tree Houses
- The Telegraph: Hapuku Lodge & Tree Houses
- The week Portfolio: Pride of place: The most luxurious places to stay for the Lions 2017 tour of New Zealand
- Brochure: I have made the little changes discussed.
- Ad: let me know which one you prefer #1 or #2 or none...
- Aman: their newsletter
- Annandale: their activities PDFs and their tag line (Stay where the world can't find you...)
- Wharekauhau: their stories from the farm
We have been approached by blogger Misha Gillingham from Wildluxe travel blog. She is offering an exchange: 3 nights for a video and photo feature on her blog and social medias. She is coming to NZ Nov 17 - Dec 1, 2017. Her Media kit.
Her stats are good. I have sent emails to a few places she stayed at to try to get feedback from them.
We have created a profile on kidandcoe.com a kid friendly vacation destinations. We still need to enter a few details to be able to get live.
I use an online platform called Hootsuite to manage all the different Social Media accounts.
Hootsuite: firstname.lastname@example.org / H@pukuL%dge
- 1817 total followers / + 1% followers
- 20 posts / 0 review / Most liked
- 748 total followers / + 8% followers
- 24 posts / Most liked
- 316 total followers / + 3% followers
- 27 tweets or retweets / Most liked
- 294 reviews / + 2% reviews
- 3 five-star + 1 four-star / Total: 4.5 stars
27 total followers / +8% followers
I am using an online application called Bit.ly. I can track the clicks coming posts from the social medias. This month I was able to track the clicks to the link I posted to the Winter Packages.
Bitly: benedictelassalle / H@pukuL%dge71
Search Engine Optimization
I looked for an online application to help us with the SEO: I found SE Ranking. $50 per year. I am considering using this tool.
List of keywords
- Tree house
- South Island
- New Zealand
Actions for next month
- Agencies private page
- Reservation system stats, etc
- Mailchimp: Send first newsletter to agencies
- Opening new account: Youtube
- End of free transfer
- Fall is coming
- Deer Antlers season
- Create a tag line (Experience life on a limb?)
- Activities PDFs
- Gift certificate
Search Engine Optimization
- Need more websites pointing to us
Look at what competition is doing
Look for potential bloggers to invite
- Investigate if Booking Button has metrics
- Investigate how to measure conversions
- Investigate a way to show you the metrics (better than screen grabs)
- We should be working towards getting more press coverage since it brings us so much traffic. Thoughts?
The main info in March is the article in National Geographic.
The bounce rate is the % of visitors coming to the site and leaving right away. It was down from last month (from 39% to 24%).
The bounce rate is higher for the traffic coming from the Social Medias (38%).
The Exit pages in March are mainly the Homepage and the Packages page. I will investigate that further next month.
Metrics from LuxuryLodgeofNZ.com
The Hapuku page has received 6117 pageviews (as a comparaison HapukuLodge.com gets 208,133 page views for the same period) over the last 365 days.
Anecdotally, Hapuku is usually in the top 5 or 10 lodges by pageview because it usually appears high in the list of landing pages. Hapuku is currently in the top 10 landing pages for the site as well, meaning either there with 1007 sessions including 436 from within NZ starting on the Hapuku page.