Monthly Review - September 2017
- Created a Press page
- Stuff: World famous in New Zealand: World of Whales, Kaikoura
- Sunday Telegraph, Sydney: Top of the upper class
Tourism NZ media coverage: These articles are the ones Tourism NZ have paid for directly:
Login: firstname.lastname@example.org / PW Ka1k0ura
- 38 opt-in subscriptions to the newsletter on MailChimp - + 9 subscriptions
MailChimp: email@example.com / Ka1k0ura
Chateau de Surreau : Home page
Received 2 enquiries from them this month
Appeared on their Facebook page in September, next is to be featured on their instagram feed.
I use an online platform called Hootsuite to manage all the different Social Media accounts.
Hootsuite: firstname.lastname@example.org / H@pukuL%dge
- 1973 total followers / + 2.5% followers
- 10 posts / 2 review / 5 stars / Most liked
- 1357 total followers / + 9% followers
- 21 posts / Most liked
- 392 total followers / + 0.5% followers
- 33 tweets or retweets / Most liked
- 303 reviews (+1)
- 1 five-star reviews / Total: 4.5 stars
Review: Worth the effort
Hapuku Lodge is still a tad remote as a result of the earthquake in 2016 but the 8 hour drive from Picton was worth it. The setting is sublime with the coast just to the East and the snow capped mountains to the West. We stayed in a Treehouse which was pretty much perfect in every regard. The real revelation was the food which was simply outstanding. The service from Mike was understated but he was always there when you needed him (a real skill in itself). Sitting in the treehouse reading beside your own fire and glancing up now and then to watch the deer in the field below or gaze at the snow topped mountains is one of life’s real pleasures. Make the effort to stay at this hidden gem.
32 total followers / +7% followers
0 total followers / +0% followers
6 total followers
13 reviews - 4.8 stars
I am using an online application called Bit.ly. I can track the clicks coming posts from the social medias. This month I was able to track the clicks to the link I posted to the the blog post.
Bitly: benedictelassalle / H@pukuL%dge71
Search Engine Optimization
- Google My Business : confirmed business with Google. We are now able to control the pictures, opening times, etc that appear on google when you do a search
- Google Search Console: subscription to the free service to improve the google search
We should consider to do some google and Facebook ads.
Customer satisfaction survey
Created a questionnaire on Elegant Survey.
Actions for next month
- Agencies private page
- List “deals” on Hapuku Web page
- Build Agencies database (Unique Stays? + Contacts from Chris)
- Mailchimp: Send first newsletter to agencies
- Opening new account: Investigate potential chinese social medias
- Install Facebook pixel
- Post one news a month
- Get validation for all marketing materials
Search Engine Optimization
- Improve our SEO
- Google + Facebook Ads
Look at what competition is doing
- Investigate how to measure conversions
- We should be working towards getting more press coverage since it brings us so much traffic. Thoughts?
Bookings on hapukulodge.com
First metrics are comparing to the same period last year. We are still behind by almost than -27% sessions.
The second metrics are comping to the same period last month. It show that we are down by -6% sessions.
The decrease compared to last month seems to be due to a lack of a major press articles referring us new potential customers.